Monday, 21 March 2011

UK GT this weekend

So this coming weekend I've got another tournament in Mansfield. I both and enjoy and dread these larger tournaments. I'm enjoy playing people I've not seen before and armies I've not faced, but I dread being tabled in a dull game where I just can't seem to affect the outcome of the game at all. I'm taking my World Eaters again in what might be their final outing for a while unless they perform better. I've changed the army list around a bit to see if it fairs better. It's now

Daemon Prince, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime & Wings
Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour, With Lightning Claws, Mark of Khorne
4 Chaos Terminators, Power Fist, Combi Melta, Icon of Khorne with LandRaider
8 Khorne Beserkers, Champion with Powerfist, with Rhino
8 Khorne Beserkers, Champion with Powerfist, with Rhino
8 Khorne Beserkers, Champion with Powerfist, with Rhino
5 Chaos Space Marines with Plasma Gun
3 Obliterators

So I've droped a Daemon Prince, Obliterator and both Daemon Packs in favour of a Landraider, Chaos Lord in Terminator armour, and a 5 man snatch squad.

The basic plan is to take it to the enemy, hard! I'm hoping the added firepower from the Landraider will combine with the Obliterators to crack open any troop transports. While the Besrker and Terminator can pull people apart in CC. I'm hoping the Terminators can be used to take on the harder Opponents where their power weapons will deal with any tough armoured opponents. The 5 man team is there for the the home and away mission, to hold my objective while i take the fight to the opponent. In other missions they are likely to be held in reserve in the hope they are late turning up.

I'll do a nice write up of the weekend next week and hope i take my usual place in tournaments ..... Mid Table Obscurity!

1 comment: