Monday, 23 May 2011

New Tournament, Old Army

So I'm at a tournament at the end of July and despite comment to the contri I'm going to take Chaos Space Marines again, this time they are less World Eaters more a unified Chaos army from both Khorne and Nurgle. The list I'm thinking of going with is.

Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime
Daemon Prince, Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Warptime
8 Khorne Beserkers, Champion with Powerfist and Rhino
8 Khorne Beserkers, Champion with Powerfist and Rhino
5 Plague Marines with 2 Plasma Guns and Rhino
5 Plague Marines with 2 Plasma Guns and Rhino
2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators
2 Obliterators

I've had some success with it of late at the Garrison, but I still think I'm commiting the Beserkers too early and so they end up taking nasty casualties in return, better to soften my target up a little before charging.

We'll see how it all goes.

3 comments:

  1. not a bad list. Tho a Daemon Prince with Lash, might help move enemy units into charging range, maybe a vindi instead of the last 2 obliterators?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use Vindis, but found they were easily destroyed, There's not a lot a Vindi could kill that Plasma Cannons from Oblits can't :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The list looks pretty good dude. I would suggest maybe switching from Nurgle to Slaanesh on the Princes but at the same time keeping Warptime. The reason? Lash is becoming more and more ineffective nowadays with mech being king. Warptime though is a great little power. At the same time I6 is actually a lot more handy than T6 as it means you get to swing before most things in the game including MEQ IC's. So you can kill them with Warptime attacks before they can swing back.

    I would also suggest switching from Plasma to Melta on the Plaguemarines, again see my comment about the prevalence of mech these days.

    Lastly with the points saved consider some personal icons in a few squads to allow you to DS the oblits (which is always nice) and maybe even squeeze a small Summoned Daemon unit in to play deckchair squad and go take back field objectives freeing up the rest of your army.

    ReplyDelete