Friday, 13 January 2012

Caledonian Uprising 2012 - The pre ramble



So we're only a week away from Caledonian Uprising 2012 and the event which will mark my 1 yr at tournments. I think its fair to say I've struggled a little in 2011 I only really found any level of form with my Chaos Space Marines at the last tournament I attended, so new for 2012 I've got my Nids painted (well almost). I've gone for a genestealer spam approach. Now give the move in recent meta and the HUGE number of Grey Knight player we seem to be seeing turning up, I think once again I've moved to an army which has gone off the boil of late but we'll see. The army list for Caledonia had to submitted before xmas and since then I've played it a couple more times and I think I would have tweaked it a little, but for what's it's worth here's the list I'm using


HQ1: Hive Tyrant (Heavy Venom Cannon, Toxic Miasma, Hive Commander, Leech Essence, Paroxysm) - 235
HQ2: 2 Tyrant Guard (Lash Whips) - 130
ELITE1: 3 Hive Guard - 150
ELITE2: 3 Hive Guard - 150
ELITE3: Doom of Malan'tai [in TRANSPORT1] - 90
TROOP1: Tervigon (Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Catalyst) - 200
TROOP2: 12 Termagaunts (Devourer) [in TRANSPORT2] - 120
TROOP3: 16 Genestealers - 224
TROOP4: 16 Genestealers - 224
TROOP5: 16 Genestealers - 224

TRANSPORT1 : Myetic Spore (Stinger Salvo) - 50
TRANSPORT2 : Myetic Spore (Stinger Salvo) - 50

I think now i would lower the number of Genestealer and give them toxin sacs and drop the Miasma from the HT. Still I've had some good success with it in the last couple of weeks, it's just Grey Knights I'm not looking forward to meeting.

I've two main aims from the tournament. #1 I want to finish higher than last year (53rd) but the field has increase from 80 to 120 players so we'll see. #2 I need to beat Sean Gill in the ranking, if you look at the banner at the top of the blog (taken from last years Caledonia results) you'll see his name just below mine, that's erk'ed him all year and we've made a bet that if he places higher than me I'll remake a banner so it doesn't show him below me. I'd also like to beat another of my friends going (Walt) who's name appears just above mine in the banner.

Well that's about it for this post. We'll see how well my Nids perform in this and other tournaments I've got booked in over the next couple of month. I'll write up my usual battle reports once I'm back, not that I'm sure people are actually reading this blog mind, given it's just my random ramblings.

2 comments:

  1. Not this year dude, I has the filth :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than likely, I think the Nids have gone off the boil in the current Meta, we'll see

    ReplyDelete