Friday, 16 March 2012

Double Tournament - The plan


Yeah it's the UK 40K GT next weekend, but I'm all painted and ready (for once), so my attention is turned to my other project, the Blood-Wolf-Black-Ultra-Dark Marines! Otherwise know as a generic chapter I can swap codex around with and hopefully take a really competitive army to a few tournaments. The initial force is based around the Space Wolf codex and it's your basic Long Fang, Grey hunter Razorback spam. I'm hoping to get 2000pts done in time for a local tournament in late summer call Solstice, but before that I'm off to a doubles tournament. I'm going with Bennett from damndice blog we're both taking Space Wolves and hopefully bringing some filth. For the tournament you must take an 1750 army split evenly in two forces. One organisation chart for the army and both forces must have 1 HQ and 1 Troop choice. For my half of the 1750 pts I'm current thinking of using;



Rune Priest, Chosen the the Slain, Jaws of the World Wolf, Murderous Hurricane
5 Grey Hunters with Flamer in a Rhino
5 Grey Hunters with Melta-gun in a Las/Plas Razorback
6 Long Fangs with 5 Missile Launchers in a Las/Plas Razorback
6 Long Fangs with 5 Missile Launchers in a Las/Plas Razorback
Landspeer with Heavy Flamer and Multi-melta

It's not subtle but hopefully it will take no prisoners either. The only challange now is picking a paint scheme that is both cool but also not a main chapter, my current thought process is something along the lines of -

But I'm struggling to find a good way to paint the red over the black, my other option is yellow rather than red. Once I've got some example I'll be sure to post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment