Friday, 6 April 2012

Cry havok and release the WOLVES!

So given how fast I seem to be able to paint my Marines for the doubles tournament I've set myself a challange. I'm going to take the Wolves to War of the Roses in the 2nd weekend of May. It's going to be a challange but I think I can do it. I've got till the 20th April to make enough progress before I have to submit my army list and commit to an army. The fall back is obviously Tyranids, but even then I've some painting that I'd need to go as I want to include Ymgarl Genestealer this time instead of the Doom.

Anyway back to the Wolves. I'm planning to take a fairly cutter cookie Space Wolf army.

Rune Priest - Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning
Rune Priest - Jaws of the World Wolf, Murdurous Hurricane
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Twin Assault Cannon
8 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino
8 Grey Hunters - Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen, Wolf Standard, Rhino
6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Las/Plas
6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Las/Plas
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour - Chainfirst, Stormshield
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour - Chainfirst, Stormshield
Wolf Guard - 2 in Power Armour with Power Fists,
                   3 in Power Armour with Combimeltas,
                   1 in Terminator armour  with Cyclone Missile Launcher

It's a lot of kill points, but I'm hoping it's got the to take out most armies before it comes to that. With 12 Missile Launchers, 4 Las Cannons, 8 Meltagun and a host of Grey Hunters to back it up it should pack a fair punch. Hoping to get some practise in between now and the Tournament, starting with a mirror match against my partner in the doubles tournament, Bennett's Space Wolves.

All I have to do it now is paint it all in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment