Thursday, 19 April 2012

War of the Roses, army list submitted


So the army list has been submitted! I've played three games so far with my new Space Wolf army and not won any...... eeek! I've had a couple of draws and a loss. One thing I've notice differently with Wolves over Tyranids is that when you look to be loosing badly you can still turn it around for a draw. With Nids it tends to be a slippery slope that once you start falling down it's near impossible to turn it around. Anyway the army list I've submitted is as follows.

Rune Priest - Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Rhino dozer blade
6 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Wolf Standard, Rhino dozer blade
5 Grey Hunters - Flamer
6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Las/Plas
6 Long Fangs - 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannon, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Las/Plas
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour - Chainfirst, Stormshield
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour - Chainfirst, Stormshield
Wolf Guard - 1 in Power Armour with Power Fists, Combi-Melta
                   3 in Power Armour with Combimeltas,
                   1 in Terminator armour  with Cyclone Missile Launcher, Powerfist
Land Speeder Typhoon with Heavy Flamer

It's a very shooting heavy army, counter assault units are the slightly larger Grey Hunter unit and the Lone Wolves, but with 16 Missile Launchers, 7 Lascannons and 8 Meltaguns capable of firing at 12 different targets at long range, I'm hoping to blow most assault armies to pieces. Even if I don't Grey Hunters aren't too shabby in Close Combat provided the assaulting unit has been thinned a little. I would have like to get Powerfists on all the Wolf Guard and the 6th man in the last Long Fangs but I didn't want to surrender my Lone Wolves or Land Speeder.

Gonna struggle a little on Annihilation missions (there are 2 primary and 2 secondary) with my 17 kill points (providing the Lone Wolves die) and I still dislike Dawn of War mission, but we'll see how it goes. This may well be my last solo tournament under 5th Edition. I've a doubles tournament next month and a couple of solo tournaments and a team event later in the year, likely under 6th Edition.

Now all I've got to do is paint it all in 3 weeks. Still to do
2 Rhinos
9 Marines
Landspeeder
Some drybrushing and highlights on a lot of Marines
ALL the bases!

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. If you need to borrow anything just let me know. My generic grey marines won't look too out of place and I have the Rhino's, Speeder and Marines (bolters) if you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good look and see you there! I'm still undecided between two lists! I feel a dice roll coming on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the offer Neil, I'm hoping that the fairly simple paint scheme I've used mean I should get them done, but I'll keep the offer in mind if something crops up. Are you going to this too then? Even if it is Team England.

    Good Luck to you too Embolden, I'd go with the list on the left if I was you it looks stronger than the one on the right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers mate, in the end I went for the list I felt most comfortable with, fingers crossed it'll work!

    ReplyDelete