Thursday, 10 May 2012

War of the Roses - First Round draw

So the first round draw is up for War of the Roses, I'm playing Tom Pickwell, who based on rankings HQ would appear to play Space Wolves too, so it's a mirror match. It's a primary Annhilation which I think is a good thing. Hopefully he'll have a large number of KPs which will allow me to stand a good chance.

The army I'm taking is ;-
Rune Priest - Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Rhino dozer blade
6 Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Wolf Standard, Rhino dozer blade
5 Grey Hunters - Flamer
6 Long Fangs - 5 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Las/Plas
6 Long Fangs - 3 Missile Launchers, 2 Lascannon, Razorback with Las/Plas
5 Long Fangs - 4 Missile Launchers, Razorback with Las/Plas
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour - Chainfirst, Stormshield
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armour - Chainfirst, Stormshield
Wolf Guard - 1 in Power Armour with Power Fists, Combi-Melta
                   3 in Power Armour with Combimeltas,
                   1 in Terminator armour  with Cyclone Missile Launcher, Powerfist
Land Speeder Typhoon with Heavy Flamer

I'm not wanting to face too many AV14 or 2+ saves. Not sure how well this will fair against the Necrons, I'm hoping I'll pop the Annhilation Barges first turn, it will then come down to killing Scarabs and Wraiths before they close.

4 comments:

  1. Hey mate, just chiming in to say good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter, good luck with the tournament!

    Ive been following your blog quite closely recently, particularly your comments relating to the Necrons you've played against to see if I can get some sort of idea what makes a good Necron army list as Ive not got a clue where to start with mine at the moment.

    Sorry I didnt make it down to YG on wednesday by the way and thanks for offering to give me a game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries on the game, I'll arrange to play you at a later date. From what I've seen so far a Necron army HAS to contain 3 Annhilation barges, I've not faced on yet that hasn't had them. Scarabs vs Wraiths seem to be a personal choice but i think a unit of both is useful, a 3rd of either is choice. Cryptex are all armed with some AP1 staff gun thing? and you have at least 1 lord on a barge if not two :)

      Hope that helps.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to the some reports, good luck :D

    ReplyDelete